Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Kenyan rains and power shortages

Now they are here, now they are not. Both the rains and the electric power behave in a hide and seek manner. Now the past three months have been really wet. And I expected that we will here a good report from the people who supply electricity to us. I expected the statement to say that since we have experienced so much rains during the el nino season, we will experience too much electricity supply and similarly enough water supply in our taps. I was wrong. The experts are still warning of water shortage and possible power shortage. When will we put hand to mouth planning mentality behind us? How many elninos have come and gone and no sooner are all the waters safely swept to the ocean, than we start announcing how power and water shortages shall be programmed???
I think that the Kenyan media should now start asking the right questions about what amount of planning takes place before the rains and how this is supposed to manage the change afterwards.
Kenya. talent.

No comments:

Post a Comment