Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Congratulations Nairobi Water Services

Something very unusual is happening. The good news is that Nairobi Water services is increasingly getting transparent by the day.
I experienced the new Nairobi Water services recently and I am happy to share to the doubting Thomases that it is possible for a company to become efficient. I applied for a refund of my water account and they promised to pay back after 14 days. I walked away knowing that I would have to follow and pester them for my refund at the expiry of the deadline.
But how wrong I was. Exactly 14 days had passed when they called me to inform me that my check was ready. I counted this as the first miracle. The second miracle came through when the accountant called me again on the same day and requested if she could deposit my cash in my MPESA account!!!. As I was still recovering from this positive shocker, I expressed regrets that I could not make it to withdraw the cash because I was attending a funeral mass. She asked me where I stayed and I told her. She suggested that since she lived in the same neighbourhood(mark you I didnt know her and we had never met), she could carry the voucher and the cash, and that I should carry my identifcation papers so that I could sign for my refund.
And so, at exactly 5.30 pm, I was at the bus stop, she arrived, gave me tge papers, I signed, plus the voucher, I thanked her and walked home with my Kshs 15,512, (15,000) plus interest!!!!.
Miracles never cease to happen.
I congratulate Nairobi Water Company for a job well done. Keep it up!.
Gladyse.

No comments:

Post a Comment